Teri Gault, Founder and CEO of money-saving website www.thegrocerygame.com and author of recently published book Shop Smart, Save More knows how to keep her life organized and the benefits that go hand-in-hand with it. Teri has developed simple organizational tactics that will surely help you save money during the economy. Sometimes by simply knowing where something is in the house, can save you money from having to go out and buy it again. So get organized and start saving!
Below are just some of Teri’s great tips for keeping organized at a low cost:
* Organize Your Coupons. In Teri’s business, coupons are the ultimate key to saving money. Teri recommends organizing your coupon file by date and store for ease and convenience for your shopping day. Keeping your coupons organized for the grocery store as well as department and drugstores will save you time and money!
* Plan Ahead. Plan your vacations early and save money on airfare and hotel rates. Vacations are a necessary part of saving our sanity in the busy lives that we lead. But vacations are also a huge drain on the family finances. You can cut the cost of a vacation significantly by planning and booking ahead of time. Bookmark travel sites for finding inexpensive airfare, hotel etc., and book at least two weeks in advance. Plan your finances early, when big purchases are going to occur – save a little ahead of time. Pay your monthly minimum on credit card bills, a little at a time.
* Shop at Many Stores. If you get the urge to go shopping for that new Spring/Summer wardrobe, go to a mall (outdoor or indoor) or outlet center of shops to give yourself options. The walking around the stores will give you a little exercise for the day and save you money on gas when you hop from store to store.
* Swap It. Becoming more and more popular with the recent economy, swap-meets! But instead of going into a big auditorium with strangers and exchanging goods, friends and family members are exchanging clothes, furniture, books, etc. You name it, they’ll swap it!
* Save Your Receipts. One of the best ways to keep your finances in order, is to save your receipts and keep track of your spending. Purchasing or reusing binders to house the receipts is also a great money saving trick! (also helps during the busy tax season!)
* Only Buy On Sale. One of the best ways to save you a few bucks is to only purchase items on sale. So if you HAVE to have that brand new sweater or pair of shoes, wait a few weeks and I guarantee that they will have already reduced their prices!
We have one of these great money-saving books to give away to one lucky reader!
There are several ways to enter - here are the rules:
* Pop on over to The Grocery Game and explore their website - then come back and leave us a comment. Let us know which you think - how it may save you some big bucks.
* Become a follower on Twitter. Leave me a comment to let me know your twitter name (if you are already a follower, leave me a comment with your twitter name) - if the twitter link isn't working - it is a twitter problem, not our link so please keep trying!
* Become a fan on our new Facebook page. Leave me a comment to let me know your Facebook name.
* Subscribe to our RSS Feed or sign up to receive Pink Lemonade by Email. Leave me a comment to let me know you. If you are already a subscriber, leave me a comment and let me know.
* Blog about our contest on your blog. Leave me a comment with your post url.
* Place our widget on your blog (it's toward the bottom of this page in the far right column - just click "get widget" at the bottom of the widget [under the heading "Grab our Widget"]). Leave me a comment with your site url.
There you have it! Six very simple ways to enter our contest - how easy is that? Complete rules can be found on our Contest page - Please be sure to check them if you have any questions about residency reqirements, etc.
This contest ends Monday, May 4th at 11:59pm (pdst) so don't wait - make sure you've gotten all six entries before it's too late! Please note: entries received after the cutoff time will be deleted prior to drawing a winner.
Posted by Liz of Pink Lemonade
Featured Weekly on Posh Mama Online Magazine