It was only a year or so ago when the only foods I would buy for my family were organic products. Nothing came into my kitchen that wasn't wholesome and untainted by pesticides, chemicals and genetically modified foods.
Then something happened - the economy took a downturn, and that paycheck that came home every month seemed as though it would tear instead of stretch.
It was time to make some serious changes in the way we planned out budget and cutting out some unnecessary food expenses seemed like an easy way to begin. Goodbye Wholesome Foodstuffs market - Hello Safeway. I had figured that organic foods would be totally out of the question... but I was wrong!
I discovered O Organics! These wonderful, affordable brands of organic food began at Safeway stores and are now beginning to spread the affordable organic love in retailers across the country!
O Organics offers consumers over 300 products in 30+ categories--nearly every aisle of the supermarket. The O Organics brand is democratizing the organic category by providing the highest quality 95%+ USDA-certified organic products at prices everyday families can afford.
The reasons to buy Organic foods are too numerous to mention, but I'll bet you didn't know that Organic fruits and vegetables are, on average 25% more nutritious in 11 key nutrients than their conventional counterparts according to the studies from The Organic Center and Rodale Institute. Or that antioxidant intake can be increased by 30% by choosing organic according to studies from The Organic Center. Not to mention the fact that you are keeping harmful chemicals and genetically modified foods.
One of our favorite items from O Organics is their Butter Flavor Microwave popcorn. It gets it's butter flavor from real, true butter - not some viscous yellow oil like substance that could probably pass for automobile lubricant. My kids love the way it tastes when they want a quick, healthy snack after school - but I love the fact that it does not contain any hydrogenated fats at all (and you all know how I feel about those!) - there aren't many microwave popcorns on the supermarket shelves that do not contain ANY hydrogenated fats.
Because the folks at O Organics are so sure you're going to love their products, they have an Italian-themed basked full of O Organics products that would be perfect for an organic meal for the whole family, including olive oil, a selection of pastas and sauces, canned tomatoes, dried spices, macaroni and cheese and Italian sodas.
There are several ways to enter - here are the rules:
Please note: Your email address MUST either be in your comment or available on your blogger profile or your entry will NOT count!! **
* Leave us a comment and let us know if you've tried O Organics products or why you think buying organic is important.
* Become a follower on Twitter. Leave me a comment to let me know your twitter name (if you are already a follower, leave me a comment with your twitter name).
* Become a fan on our new Facebook page. Leave me a comment to let me know your Facebook name.
* Subscribe to our RSS Feed or sign up to receive Pink Lemonade by Email. Leave me a comment to let me know you. If you are already a subscriber, leave me a comment and let me know.
* Blog about our contest on your blog. Leave me a comment with your post url.
* Place our widget on your blog (it's toward the bottom of this page in the far right column - just click "get widget" at the bottom of the widget [under the heading "Grab our Widget"]). Leave me a comment with your site url.
There you have it! Six very simple ways to enter our contest - how easy is that? Complete rules can be found on our Contest page.
This contest ends Thursday, May 21st at 11:59pm (pdst) so don't wait - make sure you've gotten all six entries before it's too late! Please note: entries received after the cutoff time will be deleted prior to drawing a winner.
Posted by Liz of Pink Lemonade