Friday, June 19, 2009
Babies Don’t Need Expensive Toys (Giveaway) - CLOSED
Engaging your baby in stimulating experiences encourages brain development and paves the way for successful learning in the future.
Did you know?
* A baby’s brain is 250% more active than that of an adult.
* The networking of the brains’ synapses is nearly complete after the first three years.
* You are your baby’s best toy!
Drawing on extensive brain research, child development expert and best-selling author Jackie Silberg presents Baby Smarts. Filled with developmental games, Baby Smarts helps you build your baby’s brain power, one activity at a time!
Recently awarded two prestigious parenting awards, the iParenting Award and the National Parenting Publications Gold Award, Baby Smarts helps you unlock the power of your baby’s brain with simple activities that do not require expensive toys or props.
Try these fun activities with your baby:
Floating Feathers (3-6 month olds)
* Lie down on your back with your baby next to you.
* Throw a brightly colored feather in the air and watch it float gently to the ground.
* This is a very relaxing game, and it challenges babies to follow (track) objects with their eyes.
(Note: You can find feathers at art supply stores.)
Under the Blanket (9-12 month olds)
* This game develops your baby’s observation skills, demonstrates the concept of “under,” and enhances your baby’s ability to follow directions.
* Let your baby watch as you hide a small toy under a pillow.
* After you hide the toy, ask her to find it.
* If she does not understand, ask her again and show her that the toy is under the pillow.
* Tell her that you are now going to hide the toy under the blanket.
* Keep hiding the toy in different places that are “under” something.
Author Jackie Silberg, who has an M.S. in child development, is an early childhood advocate and popular keynote speaker. She is the author of 15 books with Gryphon House, including Games to Play with Babies and 125 Brain Games for Babies. She lives in Leawood, Kansas.
We have one (1) copy of Baby Smarts to give away to one lucky reader.
There are several ways to enter - here are the rules:
Please note: Your email address MUST either be in your comment or available on your blogger profile or your entry will NOT count!! **
* Leave us a comment on any post here at Pink Lemonade (be sure to comment on this post & let us know where you commented). Feel free to leave a comment on this post telling us how smart your baby is or why your teen is driving you crazy.
* Become a follower on Twitter. Leave me a comment to let me know your twitter name (if you are already a follower, leave me a comment with your twitter name).
* Become a fan on our new Facebook page. Leave me a comment to let me know your Facebook name.
* Subscribe to our RSS Feed or sign up to receive Pink Lemonade by Email. Leave me a comment to let me know you. If you are already a subscriber, leave me a comment and let me know.
* Blog about our contest on your blog. Leave me a comment with your post url.
* Place our widget on your blog (it's toward the bottom of this page in the far right column - just click "get widget" at the bottom of the widget). Leave me a comment with your site url.
* Become a member of our Social Network. Leave a comment with your username.
There you have it! Seven very simple ways to enter our contest - how easy is that? Complete rules can be found on our Contest page.
This contest ends Thursday, June 25th at 11:59pm (pdst) so don't wait - make sure you've gotten all seven entries! Please note: entries received after the cutoff time will be deleted prior to drawing a winner.
Posted by Liz of Pink Lemonade