Tennis participation levels in the U.S. are the highest they have been in more than 15 years - up 43% since 2000? That’s right, since 1993. There is a "swing" happening quite literally.
Without question, people/families are finding open tennis courts, getting back into the game, or picking up the sport for the first time. Many of the new players are young children who are getting a new form of exercise and participating in a fun family activity with Mom and Dad.
This is great news for the sport overall and for tennis in America. The problem is, as parents dig through their closets to find their old racquets, or put something into their child's hands for the first time, they quickly realize that the times (and technology) may have moved on without them.
It is CRUCIAL, for tennis' continued growth, that parents to know which racquets make the most sense for children of which age (with new offerings and technologies now available) - since using a heavy (wrong) racquet and/or regular balls at too early an age has been proven to be the difference between a child sticking with the sport or giving it up to move on to something else... like video games.
As the trend in participation continues to grow and we search for the "next great American champion", be aware that there are now various reduced-length junior racquets, low compression balls and mini pop up nets Prince now produces - These products, along with full-length adult racquets - are designed specifically to make learning the game more fun for the whole family! Prince is an industry leader/expert that manufactures products specific for all player types - from Grand Slam Champions like Maria Sharapova to little ones just getting into the game.
As one of our Grand Prizes, we have four Prince Junior Racquets to give away to four (4) lucky readers!
There are several ways to enter - here are the rules:
Please note: Your email address MUST either be in your comment or available on your blogger profile or your entry will NOT count!! **
*Pop on over to Prince and check out the great items they have to help your kids love the Tennis. Come on back and leave us a comment about which one you think your kiddo would enjoy the most.
* Become a follower on Twitter. Leave me a comment to let me know your twitter name (if you are already a follower, leave me a comment with your twitter name).
* Become a fan on our new Facebook page. Leave me a comment to let me know your Facebook name.
* Subscribe to our RSS Feed or sign up to receive Pink Lemonade by Email. Leave me a comment to let me know you. If you are already a subscriber, leave me a comment and let me know.
* Blog about our contest on your blog. Leave me a comment with your post url.
* Place our widget on your blog (it's toward the bottom of this page in the far right column - just click "get widget" at the bottom of the widget). Leave me a comment with your site url.
* Become a member of our Social Network. Leave a comment with your username.
* Sign up for the Prince Plugged-In Newsletter. Leave a comment letting us know you signed up.
There you have it! Eight very simple ways to enter our contest - how easy is that? Complete rules can be found on our Contest page.
This contest ends Monday, June 15th at 11:59pm (pdst) so don't wait - make sure you've gotten all eight entries before it's too late! Please note: entries received after the cutoff time will be deleted prior to drawing a winner.
Posted by Liz of Pink Lemonade