Berries and Zabaglione
Prep time: 15 minutes
Makes 4 servings
2 packages (6 ounces each) Driscoll’s Raspberries, Blackberries or Blueberries or 3 cups sliced hulled Strawberries
4 large egg yolks
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup dry Marsala wine
Divide berries between four 8-ounce dessert dishes or stemmed glasses.
Fill the bottom of a double boiler (or a saucepan with a metal bowl fitted snuggly on top) with 1-2 inches of water or just below bowl. Bring water to a simmer.
Beat egg yolks and sugar in top of double boiler or bowl with an electric mixer or wire whisk until fluffy and light in color, about 5 minutes. Maintain water at a low simmer while beating.
Add Marsala 1 tablespoon at a time, continuously beating until mixture forms very soft peaks, about 8 minutes.
Pour Zabaglione over berries and serve immediately.
Nutrition Per Serving: 238 calories, 4.79g total fat, 1.64g saturated fat, 3.39g protein, 37.47g carbohydrate, 209.78mg cholesterol, 2.04g fiber, 192mg sodium
Fresh berries are an elegant addition this classic Italian wine and egg yolks dessert. Allow about 15 minutes to whisk together just before serving. In France, this dessert is known as sabayon.
This is a one-day contest so don't wait to enter! The rules are the same as always...
There are several ways to enter - here are the rules:
* Leave us a comment telling us what your favorite berry is and your favorite way to eat it.
* Become a follower on Twitter. Leave me a comment to let me know your twitter name (if you are already a follower, leave me a comment with your twitter name).
* Become a fan on our new Facebook page. Leave me a comment to let me know your Facebook name.
* Subscribe to our RSS Feed or sign up to receive Pink Lemonade by Email. Leave me a comment to let me know you. If you are already a subscriber, leave me a comment and let me know.
* Blog about our contest on your blog. Leave me a comment with your post url.
* Place our widget on your blog (it's toward the bottom of this page in the far right column - just click "get widget" at the bottom of the widget). Leave me a comment with your site url.
* Become a member of our Social Network. Leave a comment with your username.
There you have it! Seven very simple ways to enter our contest - how easy is that? Complete rules can be found on our Contest page.
This contest ends TONIGHT July 7th at 11:59pm (pdst) so don't wait - make sure you've gotten all seven entries! Please note: entries received after the cutoff time will be deleted prior to drawing a winner.
Posted by Liz of Pink Lemonade