Driscoll’s Berries, the nation’s leading provider of fresh and organic berries, would like to help your family celebrate National Berry Month and National Ice Cream Month this July with a healthy helping of Blackberry Chocolate Frozen Yogurt. This easy to prepare, refreshing summer treat offers a healthy, low fat alternative to ice cream with the same great taste. Help your family beat the heat sans the calories – we promise your kids will be begging for more!
Caribbean Summer Raspberry Avocado Salad
Fresh raspberries brighten this salad with tropical flavors and color. The raspberry dressing is versatile enough for fish, chicken or mixed greens. Try this salad with a glass of your favorite chilled white wine.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Makes 4 servings
1 package (6 ounces) Driscoll’s Raspberries, divided
1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
1-1/2 teaspoons honey
1-1/4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/4 cup mild olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 pound cooked whole shrimp, 41-50 count size, about 24 total shrimp
1/4 cup diced mango
2 tablespoons thinly sliced celery
1 tablespoon thinly sliced red onion
4 cups mixed baby lettuce or spring mix
2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, sliced
Blend 1/3 cup of the raspberries, vinegar, honey and Dijon mustard in a blender or food processor until smooth. Drizzle in the oil while blending. Add 1 or 2 tablespoons water to thin slightly, if needed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Combine shrimp, mango, celery, and onion in a medium bowl. Gently stir in remaining raspberries.
Divide lettuce onto four plates and arrange avocado slices on top of lettuce.
Top with shrimp raspberry mixture and drizzle the dressing on top. Serve with any remaining dressing on the side.
Nutrition Per Serving: 389 calories, 29.39g total fat, 4.20g saturated fat, 15.22g protein, 19.84g carbohydrate, 110.56mg cholesterol, 10.51g fiber, 188mg sodium
We have two (2) free berry coupons to give away to two (2) lucky readers. This is a one-day contest so don't wait to enter! The rules are the same as always...
There are several ways to enter - here are the rules:
* Leave us a comment telling us what your favorite berry is and your favorite way to eat it.
* Become a follower on Twitter. Leave me a comment to let me know your twitter name (if you are already a follower, leave me a comment with your twitter name).
* Become a fan on our new Facebook page. Leave me a comment to let me know your Facebook name.
* Subscribe to our RSS Feed or sign up to receive Pink Lemonade by Email. Leave me a comment to let me know you. If you are already a subscriber, leave me a comment and let me know.
* Blog about our contest on your blog. Leave me a comment with your post url.
* Place our widget on your blog (it's toward the bottom of this page in the far right column - just click "get widget" at the bottom of the widget). Leave me a comment with your site url.
* Become a member of our Social Network. Leave a comment with your username.
There you have it! Seven very simple ways to enter our contest - how easy is that? Complete rules can be found on our Contest page.
This contest ends TONIGHT July 21st at 11:59pm (pdst) so don't wait - make sure you've gotten all seven entries! Please note: entries received after the cutoff time will be deleted prior to drawing a winner.
Posted by Liz of Pink Lemonade