In Einstein's Theories of Relativity, E = MC2 what does C stand for again?
C is the velocity of light
What are the seven wonders of the world?
The Hanging Gardens of Babylon, The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus, The Lighthouse of Alexandria, The Colossus of Rhodes, The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus, The Status of Zeus at Olympia, The Great Pyramid of Giza (of the seven, only the Great Pyramid is still in existence)
What is onomatopoeia?
A word or phrase that sounds (a bit) like the sounds it is meant to convey: buzz, purr, or Tennyson's the murmuring of innumerable bees.
Facts from School You Forgot to Remember
Take an entertaining trip back to the classroom with I Used to Know That. Witty, engaging, and fun, this little book will appeal to the student in each of us. A one-of-a-kind collection of hundreds of facts learned long ago, it includes:
* Our Changing World: Test your knowledge of the latest geography.
* Prose and Poetry: From Shakespeare to diphthongs, English class will come alive again here.
* Math and Science: Quotients, phalanges, and protons . . . do these long-forgotten words take you back to high school days?
* History: As Santayana once said so well: "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it."
Caroline Taggart has been an editor of non-fiction books for nearly 30 years and has covered nearly every subject from natural history and business to gardening and astronomy. She has written several books and was the editor of Writer’s Market UK 2009.
We have one (1) copy of I Used to Know That: Stuff You Forgot From School to give away to one lucky reader!
There are several ways to enter - here are the rules:
Please note: Your email address MUST either be in your comment or available on your blogger profile or your entry will NOT count!! **
* Leave us a comment on any post here at Pink Lemonade (be sure to comment on this post & let us know where you commented). Feel free to leave a comment on this post telling us why you may need this book.
* Become a follower on Twitter. Leave me a comment to let me know your twitter name (if you are already a follower, leave me a comment with your twitter name).
* Become a fan on our new Facebook page. Leave me a comment to let me know your Facebook name.
* Subscribe to our RSS Feed or sign up to receive Pink Lemonade by Email. Leave me a comment to let me know you. If you are already a subscriber, leave me a comment and let me know.
* Blog about our contest on your blog. Leave me a comment with your post url.
* Place our widget on your blog (it's toward the bottom of this page in the far right column - just click "get widget" at the bottom of the widget). Leave me a comment with your site url.
* Become a member of our Social Network. Leave a comment with your username.
There you have it! Seven very simple ways to enter our contest - how easy is that? Complete rules can be found on our Contest page.
This contest ends Wednesday, July 29th at 11:59pm (pdst) so don't wait - make sure you've gotten all seven entries! Please note: entries received after the cutoff time will be deleted prior to drawing a winner.
Posted by Liz of Pink Lemonade