Monday, July 20, 2009
New Handbook For Soccer Moms
If you’re a soccer mom, you might find yourself asking some questions: What is a U9? Why is my daughter a striker? What is offsides? How do I flag? Why did my son get a penalty kick? Do headers hurt? What if they ask me to coach? What is FIFA? What is Osgood-Schlatter’s Disease, and why have I never heard of it before? Do I want to sign up my son on a Travel Team? How can my daughter get a college soccer scholarship? This invaluable handbook has all the answers to these and all of the questions you haven’t even thought of yet.
Soccer has become the sport of choice for families nationwide. Over 10 million 4-½- to-19-year olds will don their shinguards and play soccer in the U.S. this year. That means there are almost that many moms driving them to fields, cheering in the stands, and coaching their kids for the first time. From a child’s first walk onto a Little Kicks soccer field, through the ranks of childhood and teen soccer, the average Soccer Moms will spend months (if not years of her life) immersed in the sport. Soccer for Moms covers the nuts and bolts of the game for beginner and experienced soccer moms alike.
As Soccer Moms ourselves, we believe practices and games are much more enjoyable—and fun!—when you understand the basic rules of the game, know how to prepare your kids and yourself beforehand, and have proven strategies at your fingertips for successful parenting for your fit, on-the-go kids.
Soccer for Moms is loaded with insights from a mom who’s been there. Kerrie’s straight talk and tips derived from real-life soccer mom experiences will help families get more enjoyment out of the whole soccer experience, and learn to love the game, whether they’re playing, coaching, or cheering.
About the Author:
Kerrie Paige is a mother of three with more than 15 years of soccer experience—ranging from local recreational teams all the way up to state and regional-champion elite club teams. When not watching her sons play, she’s a mathematician running an international consulting company.
About the Publisher:
Plain White Press LLC is an innovative, woman-owned company in White Plains, NY that creates products for busy women who want to manage some of the challenging aspects of their lives with confidence and style. At Plain White Press we value tips and tricks that can help busy moms. When we’re not busy making books, our own schedules are full of sports practices and other kids’ activities, so we understand why this book is a must in every Soccer Mom’s library!
We have one (1) copy of Soccer for Moms: Game & Parenting Essentials for Healthy Kids to give away to one lucky reader.
There are several ways to enter - here are the rules:
Please note: Your email address MUST either be in your comment or available on your blogger profile or your entry will NOT count!! **
* Leave us a comment on any post here at Pink Lemonade (be sure to comment on this post & let us know where you commented). Feel free to leave a comment on this post telling us why you may need this book.
* Become a follower on Twitter. Leave me a comment to let me know your twitter name (if you are already a follower, leave me a comment with your twitter name).
* Become a fan on our new Facebook page. Leave me a comment to let me know your Facebook name.
* Subscribe to our RSS Feed or sign up to receive Pink Lemonade by Email. Leave me a comment to let me know you. If you are already a subscriber, leave me a comment and let me know.
* Blog about our contest on your blog. Leave me a comment with your post url.
* Place our widget on your blog (it's toward the bottom of this page in the far right column - just click "get widget" at the bottom of the widget). Leave me a comment with your site url.
* Become a member of our Social Network. Leave a comment with your username.
There you have it! Seven very simple ways to enter our contest - how easy is that? Complete rules can be found on our Contest page.
This contest ends Sunday, July 26th at 11:59pm (pdst) so don't wait - make sure you've gotten all seven entries! Please note: entries received after the cutoff time will be deleted prior to drawing a winner.
Posted by Liz of Pink Lemonade