Off the Beaten Path - Newly Revised & Updated: A Travel Guide to More Than 1000 Scenicand Interesting Places Still Uncrowded and Inviting
Use Off the Beaten Path to Encounter the Unexpected on Your Next Travel Adventure
Off the Beaten Path is an invaluable vacation planner. Jam-packed with more than 1,000 U.S. destinations, it shows you where to go, how to get there, and what you need to know before you take to the road -- whether for a day trip or an extended vacation.
Secret destinations, Overlooked natural wonders, heart-stopping scenery -- all are out there waiting for you to explore. Beautifully illustrated, this fact-filled travel book is the insider's guide to more than 1,000 places across the country. Discover the majesty of our 50 states and revel in nature, science, art, and culture as you encounter unexpected gems from Maine to Hawaii.
In this newly revised third edition of a travel classic, you will find . . .
* More than 200 new places to visit
* All-new state maps pinpointing each site
* Over 400 new, stunning full-color photographs
* A list of seasonal events for every state
* 16 icons highlighting each site's features, including wi-fi, pet friendly, and accessible facilities
* A companion website offering additional destinations and handy traveler's tips
* Researched and updated visitor information, including websites
Want a fun and educational place in New Jersey to bring the kids? Take a step back in time at the Howell Living History Farm and see a farmhouse built in 1809 still operating the same way it did more than 200 years ago.
Planning a trip to Hawaii? Be sure to stop for a cup of tea at the Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm, where you can gaze out over the blue Pacific from the foot of a lavender meadow.
Looking for a bit of whimsy in Upstate New York? An aura of romance permeates Boldt Castle, a rare jewel from the Gilded Age, where over 700 couples have exchanged wedding vows.
Are you looking for something unique in the state of Washington? Seattle's Olympic Sculpture Park features works by some of the foremost names in modem art. What's more, it's situated over a lush green swath that overlooks the Puget Sound.
Planning a trip to Florida? Why not stop at Tampa's Big Cat Rescue, where you can see endangered cougars, tigers, and lions in a protected sanctuary?
Passing through Indiana? Discover a world created in miniature at The Museum of Miniature Houses and Other Collections in Carmel.
If Connecticut is on your route, check out the American Clock & Watch Museum, which boasts an exceptional collection of jeweled watches.
We have one (1) copy of Off the Beaten Path... to give away to one lucky reader!
There are several ways to enter - here are the rules:
Please note: Your email address MUST either be in your comment or available on your blogger profile or your entry will NOT count!! **
* Leave us a comment on any post here at Pink Lemonade (be sure to comment on this post & let us know where you commented). Feel free to leave a comment on this post telling us why you may need this book.
* Become a follower on Twitter. Leave me a comment to let me know your twitter name (if you are already a follower, leave me a comment with your twitter name).
* Become a fan on our new Facebook page. Leave me a comment to let me know your Facebook name.
* Subscribe to our RSS Feed or sign up to receive Pink Lemonade by Email. Leave me a comment to let me know you. If you are already a subscriber, leave me a comment and let me know.
* Blog about our contest on your blog. Leave me a comment with your post url.
* Place our widget on your blog (it's toward the bottom of this page in the far right column - just click "get widget" at the bottom of the widget). Leave me a comment with your site url.
* Become a member of our Social Network. Leave a comment with your username.
There you have it! Seven very simple ways to enter our contest - how easy is that? Complete rules can be found on our Contest page.
This contest ends Wednesday, July 15th at 11:59pm (pdst) so don't wait - make sure you've gotten all seven entries! Please note: entries received after the cutoff time will be deleted prior to drawing a winner.
Posted by Liz of Pink Lemonade