There is no time like RIGHT NOW to restore your health, boost your energy levels and get ready for the rest of SUMMER!
Pioneering celebrity physician Dr. Frank Lipman, author of SPENT: End Exhaustion and Feel Great Again, wants to teach you the same lifestyle changes and exercises he recommends to Gwyneth Paltrow, Donna Karan and Kyra Sedgwick.
You will restore your natural rhythms, learn how to listen to your body and kick that SPENT feeling once and for all! Dr. Lipman recommends modifications built on core elements that will spark vitality and help you rebuild, revive and re-energize:
· Drink an avocado smoothie for an energy boost They’re easy on your digestive system and, loaded with good fats and phytonutrients, an efficient way to stay energized all day long.
· Instead of a pricey massage, use simple tennis balls for the ultimate foot massage One major complaint of being Spent is an achy body, full of tension and pain. Release the tension with a simple exercise that can be done anytime, anywhere.
· Instead of hiring a personal trainer, begin a restorative exercise program We know that being too sedentary is unhealthy—but being TOO active can be exhausting and harmful too. Avoid never-ending cardio sessions and practice restorative exercise, which resembles interval training.
· Laugh In addition to providing perspective, laughter helps you breathe deeply, use your core muscles, massage your inner organs, boosts your immune system and releases endorphins.
· Find a way to benefit from the healing powers of the sun The sun triggers our metabolism, alertness and overall ability to function and perform—and to produce the key nutrient vitamin D.
Drawing from Western and alternative medicine, SPENT is divided into forty-two “Daily Beats” designed to gradually remove factors that lead to energy depletion and add elements that help the body heal more quickly and feel better fast. The result is a whole-life makeover that will keep put you back in sync!
* Start the day with a protein rich smoothie with good fats and phytonutrients
* Replace punishing workouts with moderate exercise on the go, and realign your body with soothing, restorative yoga poses and a “spinal reset” to ease back discomfort
* Conquer restless nights and groggy mornings by restoring a sleep rhythm aligned with the sun and nature
* Relax by taking a bath with Epsom salts, the magnesium sulfate reduces inflammation and restores balance
* Ease the tension in your neck and shoulders by using tennis balls for exercises and stretches that release tension, body aches and pains
* Create an electronic sundown; turn off your TV, cell phone and computer by 10:00 p.m.
* Prepare fast, nutrient-rich meals and snacks while eliminating the sugar and processed foods
* Go outside and benefit from the healing powers of the sun to trigger metabolism, alertness and overall ability to function
We have one (1) Spent book and cd to give away to one lucky reader!
There are several ways to enter - here are the rules:
Please note: Your email address MUST either be in your comment or available on your blogger profile or your entry will NOT count!! **
* Leave us a comment on any post here at Pink Lemonade (be sure to comment on this post & let us know where you commented). Feel free to leave a comment on this post telling us why you may need this book.
* Become a follower on Twitter. Leave me a comment to let me know your twitter name (if you are already a follower, leave me a comment with your twitter name).
* Become a fan on our new Facebook page. Leave me a comment to let me know your Facebook name.
* Subscribe to our RSS Feed or sign up to receive Pink Lemonade by Email. Leave me a comment to let me know you. If you are already a subscriber, leave me a comment and let me know.
* Blog about our contest on your blog. Leave me a comment with your post url.
* Place our widget on your blog (it's toward the bottom of this page in the far right column - just click "get widget" at the bottom of the widget). Leave me a comment with your site url.
* Become a member of our Social Network. Leave a comment with your username.
There you have it! Seven very simple ways to enter our contest - how easy is that? Complete rules can be found on our Contest page.
This contest ends Monday, July 13th at 11:59pm (pdst) so don't wait - make sure you've gotten all seven entries! Please note: entries received after the cutoff time will be deleted prior to drawing a winner.
Posted by Liz of Pink Lemonade