How can you make sure that you have time for each other, despite the obligations and opportunities pulling at our families from all directions?
- Make family time as routine as brushing your teeth or eating breakfast. Schedule it in or it won't happen.
- Use your time in the car, going from one activity to the next, to converse about important topics- what is happening at school, what your kids think about current events, etc.
- Eat meals together. Research has shown how important family meal time is. Don't sacrifice togetherness for convenience.
- Establish family rituals and traditions. This can be as simple as a bedtime ritual or first day of school tradition. These are the type of activities that bind families together.
- Get everyone's input and cooperation. Explain why it is important to you to spend time together. Have the kids suggest activities they would enjoy doing as a family.
We only get our kids for a little while. Make sure that the busyness of everyday life doesn't interfere with establishing quality, meaningful relationship.
Posted by Melissa of Multitasking Mama
Featured Weekly on Pink Lemonade Online Magazine