- Get rid of things that don't need to be in there. Most bathrooms are tight on storage. If you have extra bottles of shampoo, body wash, etc. consider storing them in the garage, laundry room, etc. until they are needed. This will free up storage space for necessities.
- Go through all your medications and cosmetics. Pitch what has expired. It is not recommended to keep cosmetics, particularly mascara for longer than 90 days.
- Have a mesh bag to store bath toys in. This is better than a stationary storage bucket as you can hang the mesh bag over the faucet in the tub and the water can drip off the toys right into the bathtub.
- Go through everything and get rid of towels with tears in them, broken hair clips, bottles with dried up nail polish in the bottom. You get the point, if it is old and hasn't been used in a while, get it out of the bathroom.
- Use a basket on the counter for all the things your kids need to access quickly in the morning- my boys basket contains their toothpaste, mouthwash, deodorant and hair gel.
- Don't forget to take advantage of wall space. Use shelves on the wall to hold things to free up cabinet space.
What are some of the ways you organize your bathroom? Please share!
Posted by Melissa of Multitasking Mama
Featured Weekly on Pink Lemonade Online Magazine