implementing in our smaller home.
- Have an “in” box or basket near the entry way. This is great for when the kids come in with permission slips, birthday invites or you just need a spot to drop the mail until you have time to sort it.
- You need a place to hang your hat (or coat, purse, whatever). This can be a coat tree, strong yet decorative hooks or if you are lucky, a closet =)
- I currently use and will continue to use a bench in our entry way to sit down, remove shoes. I have a basket that sits beside the bench (in a smaller home, it may need to sit on the bench) where I place my keys and purse. That way I always know where they are and they are ready to grab on my way out the door.
- If your home has room, use some type of entry table. Having a surface to place items on makes it less likely they will get misplaced. Just avoid the temptation for this to become a clutter stop.
- Have a place for the kids items (sporting gear, backpacks, gloves) near the entryway to reduce time looking for the missing fill-in-the-blank item when you are already running late.
What are some ways you keep your entryway organized? Feel free to share in the comments!
Posted by Melissa of Multitasking Mama
Featured Weekly on Pink Lemonade Online Magazine