This Halloween, take the best styling tips for hairstyles to accompany your child’s costume, from Cozy Friedman- founder of the chic New York based salons, Cozy’s Cuts for Kids, designed exclusively for children. Here, Cozy shares her tips for how to achieve the perfect styles for five of this year’s most popular costumes.
- Make hair VERY wet & use LOTS of gel
- Slick back hair with comb
- Pull small piece of hair forward & wrap it once around your finger and then press to set on forehead!
- Use a fine tooth comb to make a side part
- Let dry naturally and use Styling Cream to help hold hair with a natural look
- Lightly tousle w/fingers to encourage a natural wave
- When hair is wet, spray in leave-in conditioner (this will help keep hair straight & will protect hair from heat damage
- Using a paddle or vent brush, blow-dry hair straight. If needed, use flat iron to make hair really straight.
- Use a dime size amount of styling cream to keep hair smooth & prevent fly-aways
- If you’d like, you can add a few crimps sporadically dispersed around the head by wetting & braiding a very small section. When dry, remove braid, and you’re done!
- Put hair in pony tail & then twist hair around in a circular motion
- To secure, you can use bobby pins or take another elastic & put right over the bun
- For a softer look like the one shown, pull out a few strands of hair before securing bun. -Use a curling iron with a 1” barrel to curl strands. Use a tiny bit of gel prior to curling iron to help secure curls
- Pull out one very small hair strands right above ea ear to create tendrils.. Curl both strands as directed previously
- Use a small amount of gel to help hold hair back & prevent flyaways
- Split hair down the center from front to back
- Dampen hair for ease in braiding
- Begin making a braid approx 1” behind the ear
- Use styling gel on thick hair to help secure & get rid of flyaways, or styling cream for finer hair