For new moms, each of baby's "first" experiences is a cause for celebration - first smile, first words, first steps - and baby's first holiday season is an especially joyous time. But along with baby's exciting holiday firsts, the season can also be hectic and overwhelming for moms. With the hustle and bustle of holiday shopping, cooking, spending time with relatives and caring for baby, moms' needs can sometimes get lost in the shuffle.
It's important for parents to remember that taking a little time for themselves is good for both them and their little ones. Here are ways to give the gift of some "me time" this season:
* Make a date with dad or a night-on-the town with the girls
* Schedule some time for yoga, a massage, or a pedicure to reconnect with yourself
* Look for ways to engage in the holidays from a community tree lighting to attending a cookie exchange
* Schedule a solo, holiday shopping trip
* Get swept away by a movie night or visit a museum
For moms who are breastfeeding their new little ones, time away from baby might seem impossible. This season, nursing moms have an unexpected, holiday helper: the Evenflo Comfort Select Performance Breast Pump. Designed to be easy to use, lightweight, comfortable and compact, the Comfort Select Performance is ideal for occasional pumping, giving moms the flexibility to enjoy much-needed "me time" while ensuring their baby is all set while mom is out.
Evenflo Comfort Select Performance is available retailers nationwide, including Wal-Mart. For more product information or a complete listing of retailers, visit www.evenflo.com.
Courtesy of ARAcontent