- If you expect any overnight visitors, have guest ready pillows, sheets and bedding ready. Wash bedding immediately after guests leave so you don't have to wonder if it has been cleaned or not.
- Keep a basket or canvas bin in the main living space. If you are having unexpected company, you can do a last minute walk through with this basket and put items that need to be put elsewhere in it. The basket is decorative and you can deal with the contents after your company leaves.
- Make menus simple so that you can enjoy time with your guests rather than spending most of your time cooking (and then cleaning up). Eat out or bring in take out if you can.
- Pick up the house in the evening before bed. That way you and your guests will wake up to an un-cluttered space.
- Most of all, enjoy your company. They are coming to see and spend time with you and your family, not judge your housekeeping skills.
Happy Holiday Organizing!
Posted by Melissa of Multitasking Mama
Featured Weekly on Pink Lemonade Online Magazine