Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Inexpensive ways to lose weight and stay fit
But there are ways you can lose weight without spending a lot of money. You will still need dedication, time and a willingness to make changes in your life to achieve your goal. Here are some inexpensive ways to lose weight and stay fit:
* Start a neighborhood walking club. Invite neighbors who have dogs to come along. Or join a local pick-up game of dodgeball, basketball or racquetball. At the most, you'll need the equipment for the game. Set a weekly time for games and a daily time for the walks. Having other people involved will help encourage you to continue moving and exercising.
* Add healthy ingredients that benefit your body to your daily menu. For example, relaxing with a cup of natural tea can help you reduce body fat and increase your metabolism rate. Oolong tea contains rich amino acids and cellulose, which can help lower your cholesterol levels. Green tea leaves contain vitamins C and E and a good amount of fiber. If you prefer black tea, its benefits include help with digestion.
Drinking a cup of tea (without the sugar or cream calories added) after each meal will help you slowly dissolve fat in your body. Premium tea leaves give you the best quality and best taste. Teawan (www.Teawan.com) has both quality tea and teaware products from Taiwan. You can choose tea bags or loose leaf options, depending on your preference.
* Do your own home workout. Grab a full jug of laundry detergent and use it for some lifting. If you're looking for something lighter, fill a plastic bottle with water to use as a weight. Start dancing around your house and in no time you'll break a sweat. This is great for cardiovascular exercise, and enjoyable if you can crank up your favorite tunes.
* Borrow a fitness video from the library and tone your body with the experts. Repeat the video several times and then switch it for a new one from the library. If you have cable or satellite television, tune into some of the fitness channels for different programs. You'll find styles ranging from yoga workouts to belly dancing to step aerobics. Set specific times each week to run through a 30-minute workout.
* Clean the house. Pushing a vacuum at a rapid pace is good exercise. So is scrubbing floors or bathtubs. These activities also are good for toning muscles.
Don't let money keep you from accomplishing your goal of losing weight and getting fit. If one exercise or activity gets boring, switch to another to keep your workout fresh and to target different muscles. And organize a plan with a friend or family member so you can help keep each other on task to accomplishing both of your goals.
Courtesy of ARAcontent