Brought to you by The Sports Club/LA
Say yes to this year’s Halloween party! The Sports Club/LA offers advice on how to look good and feel comfortable in that sexy little Halloween costume. These simple tips can point you in the right direction for your trick-or-treating excursion as you go from pumpkin to princess!
Here are the top 5 tips to help you slim down before the big day:
* Find a partner: If you are trying to cut calories and lose weight, do it with a friend, family member or co-worker. You’re twice as likely to stick to your healthy choices when you have someone to be accountable to. If no one you know is cutting calories it’s easy to find a diet BFF using a free service like bluepont.com.
* Read Packaged Food Labels: Labels don’t lie. You’ll be amazed to find out that a tiny bottle of OJ really has 2.5 servings or 20 grams of sugar. Vow to swear off any packaged food whose first four ingredients you don’t recognize.
* Watch Your Sleep Schedule: Often dieters consume more between Saturday and Sunday than they do during the entire week. What’s the cure for weekend splurges? Set your alarm. Don’t oversleep, and don’t forget about breakfast so you won’t overcompensate with a large lunch or larger dinner.
* Dust Off Your Stove: Most diners grossly underestimate calories and fat consumed at restaurants. Challenge yourself to cooking a healthy calorie –conscious meal instead. Cook at home just three days a week and you could lose a pound a week.
* Invent Incentives: There’s motivation, and then there’s motivation. Put aside cash for every pound you lose, use the money to treat yourself to a manicure or earmark it for a favorite charity. Maybe buy a teeny bikini and hang it on your refrigerator.
About The Sports Club/LA
An innovative leader in the fitness industry since 1979, The Sports Club Company develops, owns and operates luxury sports and fitness complexes on both coasts. The Sports Club/LA members have their choice of a one-club membership or a Bicoastal membership, which allows the member the use of The Sports Club/LA in Los Angeles, The Sports Club/LA in Beverly Hills, The Sports Club/LA in New York, The Sports Club/LA in Washington DC, The Sports Club/LA in Boston, The Sports Club/LA in San Francisco, The Sports Club/LA in Orange County, The Sports Club/LA in Miami, as well as Reebok Sports Club/NY. For further information on The Sports Club/LA and/or the self empowerment classes, please visit www.thesportsclubla.com.