Friday, February 18, 2011
The Skinny on Getting Red Carpet Ready For the Oscars
1. DON’T SKIP A MEAL! Have at least 5 meals a day. Everyone, regardless of weight, should be eating every 3-4 hours. It’s better for metabolism, digestion, and energy. Don’t try to starve yourself into weight loss. It doesn’t work. You have to eat to lose!
2. CUT OUT THE FAKE STUFF! Cut out all refined grains and highly processed foods like white breads, crackers and baked goods. They’re generally filled with empty calories and offer little nutritional benefit. Look for whole grains and legumes. For breads, get sprouted wheat, whole wheat or seeded rye; for pasta 100% whole grain; for rice – wild rice or brown rice; for dessert try 1 ounce squares of dark chocolate (at least 60%) which contain healthful flavonoids and other compounds beneficial for your heart.
3. THINK FRUITS AND VEGETABLES: Consider a diet high in fruits and vegetables, especially those that are high in fiber (for example VEGETABLES THINK GREEN - collards, kale, turnip greens, broccoli, brussels sprouts. FRUITS- apples, bananas, berries, dried fruits –figs, raisins, apricots, dates.) The high fiber, generally 35 grams a day, will help you lose weight quickly.
4. AVOID SALT! Salt makes the body retain more liquids and gain more volume, making your body swell. Avoid spiced food and snacks with a high level of salt. Purchase fresh foods and avoid packaged (processed) and fast food. Packaged and convenience foods are often higher in sodium and fat content.
5. DON’T DRINK YOUR CALORIES! EAT THEM! - Juices, soda, cream & sugar in your coffee or tea all add up! ALCOHOL and weight loss are enemies! An average drink is around 200 EMPTY calories.
6. KEEP HYDRATED: Drink 8 cups of water a day! Water helps you keep hydrated and this is significant for the metabolic process! Dehydration affects your mood and energy!
7. LASTLY- GET YOUR BEAUTY SLEEP – You should be getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep a night. Experts say a good night sleep helps aid in healthy and successful weight loss; insufficient sleep can affect weight loss efforts.
About The Sports Club/LA
An innovative leader in the fitness industry since 1979, The Sports Club Company develops, owns and operates luxury sports and fitness complexes on both coasts. The Sports Club/LA members have their choice of a one-club membership or a Bicoastal membership, which allows the member the use of The Sports Club/LA in Los Angeles, The Sports Club/LA in Beverly Hills, The Sports Club/LA in New York, The Sports Club/LA in Washington DC, The Sports Club/LA in Boston, The Sports Club/LA in San Francisco, The Sports Club/LA in Orange County, The Sports Club/LA in Miami, as well as Reebok Sports Club/NY.