by Maryanne Comaroto
Every time you're with your partner, the feeling is the same. You're naturally drawn toward each other, the sex is unbelievable, and you couldn't imagine things being better. But are you considering all the possibilities? What if you got pregnant, even if you were trying your best not to? A man who is good in bed is not necessarily parent material.
Yeah, it might turn out okay in the end - who knows, you might even end up with the fairytale wedding, or at least a commitment. But don't you think it's smarter to find out now what sort of man you might end up being committed to, for better or worse? Is he the sort of man who understands all the potential repercussions of sex, and is determined to be responsible, no matter what?
In other words, you need to know if you're with a boy, a guy, or a man...
- Boy sees girl; boy thinks, she'd look good naked.
- Girl says hi; boy thinks, she'd like to see me naked!
- Girl gives her phone number; boy plans for sex.
- Girl agrees to meet; boy brings a condom.
- Girl allows a kiss; boy goes for second base.
- Girl allows the touching; boy goes for sex.
- Girl starts talking about commitment; boy starts looking for another girl.
- Guy sees girl; guy thinks, she'd look good naked.
- Gal flashes a smile; guy knows it's on.
- Gal asks for his number; guy gives his office voicemail... just in case she's a stalker.
- Gal calls for a date; guy suggests Tuesday, early drinks.
- Gal fantasizes about kids with him; guy hopes she's not a chatterbox.
- Gal goes for sex; guy gets out of there right afterwards.
- Gal calls and calls; guy thinks, I should have known she'd be a stalker.
- Gal thinks men all act like pigs; guy thinks, I wonder if she'd have sex with me again.
- Man sees woman; man thinks, I wonder what she wants in life.
- Woman warms to him; man wonders if she's the real deal.
- Man invites her out; woman accepts happily.
- Woman shares her hopes and dreams; man notices how similar they are to his.
- Man acts consistently with his words; woman learns to trust him.
- Man gives his heart; woman drops her drawers.
- Woman is honest with him; man speaks his mind.
- They both do their best to encourage and enhance each other's lives!
The definitions of boyz, guyz, and men come from Chapter Six of Maryanne’s latest book, Hindsight: What You Need to Know Before You Drop Your Drawers. If you’d like some time-tested, practical tools for your Relationship Tool Belt, you can buy the book at www.maryannelive.com and learn how to turn your dream relationship into reality! Here's Maryanne talking about navigating relationships in shadows that are larger than life...
by Maryanne Comaroto of Maryanne Live