These tips will help you get started with a lineup that gets your guests’ taste buds running into overtime:
- Chips and dips are tailgating staples, but even they can stand a fresh twist of flavor. If you’re seeking inspiration, Hidden Valley Dip Genius can help you find a dip to pump up your menu. The online tool makes picking a hearty, savory, light or chunky dip recipe easy, allowing you to find a dip based on your occasion, mood and flavor. Visit dipgenius.com to find a new dip recipe.
- Anticipate all styles of snacking. Finger foods are ideal for grazing between plays and during commercials. Plan on serving more substantial entree-style dishes during halftime: sliders, BBQ brisket, pulled pork, soup and chili are all crowd-pleasers perfect for game day.
- When it comes to dessert, fuss-free is the way to go. An array of cookies, brownies and dessert bars will satisfy the sweet tooth. Take your dessert table to the next level by icing your treats in team colors.
Baked Spinach and Chicken DipServes 12
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In microwave-safe medium bowl, add cream cheese and dressing. Microwave on high 30 seconds, or until cream cheese is soft. Stir to combine. Add spinach and Parmesan cheese. Mix well. Add chicken and stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to baking dish that holds at least 6 cups. Bake 20 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown. The internal temperature should be 165°F.
- Serve with crackers, bread or veggie sticks.
Notes, Tips and Suggestions
Tips: If you like it spicy, substitute Hidden Valley Farmhouse Originals Southwest Chipotle Dressing and add diced pickled jalapenos. For fewer calories, try Hidden Valley The Original Ranch Light Dressing. To make ahead, prepare unbaked dip up to 3 days ahead; store covered and refrigerated. Bake prior to serving.
Ranch Buffalo WingsServes 7
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup cayenne pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 24 chicken wings or drumettes
- 1 packet (1 ounce) Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup prepared Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In small bowl, whisk together butter, pepper sauce and vinegar. Dip wings or drumettes in butter mixture; arrange in single layer in large baking pan. Sprinkle with dressing and seasoning mix. Bake until chicken is browned and an internal temperature of 165°F has been reached, about 30-40 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve with dressing and celery sticks.
SOURCE: Hidden Valley Ranch