Try these high protein breakfast recipes with milk to power your day
Everyone knows breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but the chaos of trying to get the whole family ready in the morning can sometimes make it fall by the wayside. That’s why it’s important to have quick, easy and nutritious breakfast ideas and recipes on hand, especially ones even picky eaters will enjoy.
Eating a breakfast with enough protein can help start the day off right with energy and focus. Many experts now recommend getting 25-30 grams at every meal, including breakfast. However, a typical breakfast only contains an average of 13 grams of protein. One easy way to increase the protein content of your morning meal is to add an 8-ounce glass of milk. Every 8-ounce glass of milk – whether organic, flavored or white – provides nine essential nutrients, including eight grams of high-quality protein to help start the day on the right foot.
So, power up with protein in the morning with recipes like this herbed cream cheese and egg sandwich. When paired with a glass of milk, it provides 27 grams of protein – a perfect start to those busy days. For even more easy breakfasts powered with protein, visit milklife.com.
Herbed Cream Cheese and Egg SandwichRecipe courtesy of Kath Eats Real Food Blog
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon herbs de Provence
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 egg
- Put two slices of bread into toaster.
- Allow cream cheese to soften and mix in herbs.
- Heat skillet to medium and add butter.
- When butter melts, crack in egg and cook for 3-4 minutes, flip and cook for 1-2 minutes more, until yolk is cooked through.
- Spread herb-y cream cheese on toast and top with egg.
- Serve with 8-ounce glass of milk.
Notes, Tips and Suggestions
Nutrition figures based on using fat free milk and Great Harvest Honey Wheat bread, and include an 8-ounce glass of milk.