With the right ingredients, you can prepare a flavorful home-cooked meal that the whole family will love in less than 30 minutes. Pre-seasoned in a variety of delicious flavors, like Peppercorn & Garlic or Applewood Smoked Bacon, Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork is the perfect base for any slow-cooked meal and makes prep time even easier. Whether cubed for a hearty stew or left whole to slice or shred, Marinated Fresh Pork offers endless and easy meal solutions, perfect for any night of the week.
For a fresh twist on a traditional slow-cooker meal, try this Peppery Country Pork Stew. Or for a sweet and spicy option, try Slow-Cooked Pork with Soy and Smashed Sweet Potatoes.
Find more quick and effortless meal solutions at Smithfield.com/RFRF.
Peppery Country Pork StewServes 4
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours, 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 Smithfield Peppercorn & Garlic Marinated Fresh Pork Tenderloins, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, cut into 1 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium yellow onions, quartered
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- salt, to taste
- 8 ounces dry egg noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- In large skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Working in two batches, brown pork, about 4 minutes each batch, turning occasionally. Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil for second batch.
- Meanwhile in 5-quart slow cooker, combine carrots, onions, peppers, 1/2 cup water, bouillon granules and thyme. Top with browned pork, cover and cook on high for 4 hours (low: 8 hours).
- Combine cornstarch and remaining water until dissolved; stir into pork mixture with peas. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes to thicken slightly. Add salt, to taste.
- Serve pork stew in shallow bowls over egg noodles.
Slow-Cooked Pork with Soy and Smashed Sweet PotatoesServes 4
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
- 1/4 cup sugar or honey
- 2 tablespoons regular soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 Smithfield Original Marinated Fresh Pork Loin Filet
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In small bowl, combine sugar, soy sauce and pepper flakes, cover and set aside.
- Coat 5-quart slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. In slow cooker, combine potatoes and onion. Pour pineapple and its juice over top. Place pork loin filet on top and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours (low: 8 hours).
- Remove pork and place on cutting board for 10 minutes.
- In slow cooker, add butter to potato mixture. Using potato masher or fork, mash until well blended.
- Slice or coarsely shred pork.
- Spoon potatoes onto serving platter then top with shredded pork. Stir soy sauce mixture and spoon over pork and potatoes.
SOURCE: Smithfield Foods