Rather than serve your family the same go-to dish day-in and day-out, up the ante with a frozen
When choosing the right frozen prepared entree for you and your family, look for frozen items that offer high-quality ingredients and preparation techniques that highlight flavor and simplicity. For example, Stouffer’s Lasagna with Meat and Sauce is made with freshly prepared, hand-layered pasta, hand-seasoned sauce with vine-ripened tomatoes and topped with fresh mozzarella and aged parmesan. You can pair this with a refreshing Apple and Walnut Arugula Salad to achieve a nutritiously balanced, yet flavorful weeknight meal.
For more recipe inspiration and tips for building balanced meals while using frozen prepared meals, search “balance” at nestleusa.com.
Fresh Apple and Walnut Arugula SaladServes 1
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- 4 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- In large bowl, combine greens, apples, onion, cranberries and walnuts.
- In separate small bowl, whisk together garlic, pinch of salt and pepper, balsamic vinegar, honey and lemon juice. Then slowly add olive oil, continuing to whisk.
- Pour dressing over greens and toss. Top with goat cheese, if desired. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.