High in protein, rich in flavor and filled with omega-3 essential fatty acids, eggs provide a healthy, nutrient rich protein. Unfortunately, about 86 percent of eggs consumed in the United States are from caged hens that live their entire lives in cramped indoor cages with little or no room to spread their wings.
The happy egg co. is the first American Humane Certified free-range egg producer in the United States that provides each hen with access to 21.8 square feet of outdoor space during the daytime. When hens have the freedom to spend their days foraging outdoors, they not only live happier lives, but their eggs also show the quality benefits. In both taste and appearance, the rich, golden yolks signature of the happy egg co. make all of the difference when serving up eggs.
Below are five tasty recipes along with some egg-ucational facts that will make you feel good about the eggs you're cooking with this summer:
- Italian Fried Egg and Portabella Burgers– Although this recipe calls for a portabella
- Deviled Eggs– Each of these tasty, savory deviled egg recipes put a spin on the traditional
- Fruity Custard Filled Cupcakes– You won't believe how easy these red-white-and-blue
- Chorizo and Cheese Egg Bake– This make-ahead, cheesy baked egg dish is perfect to prepare
- Egg and Heirloom Panzanella Salad– Impress a crowd by whipping up this refreshing, yet