“Skewers are an easy food to serve friends and family during a Rio-themed viewing party,” said McCormick Executive Chef Kevan Vetter. “A Brazilian marinade pairs great with steak or pork, so grill up both and let guests choose their own meat and complementary sauce. My favorite is a red chimichurri, which gets fiery flavor from smoked paprika, crushed red pepper and jalapeno.”|
For more easy tips and recipes to host an award-winning Rio-themed party this summer, visit GrillMates.com and McCormick.com. Also, check us out on Pinterest and Facebook.
Brazilian Meat SkewersPrep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 package McCormick Grill Mates Brazilian Steakhouse Marinade
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound boneless New York strip steak, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- Mix Marinade Mix, oil, water and vinegar in small bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons for brushing. Place pork and steak into separate large resealable plastic bags or glass dishes. Divide remaining marinade evenly among pork and steak; turn to coat well.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes or longer for extra flavor. Remove both meats from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Thread pork and steak onto skewers.
- Grill skewers over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until meat is to desired doneness, turning occasionally and brushing with reserved marinade.
Red Chimichurri SaucePrep time: 10 minutes
Servings: 12 (2 tablespoons each)
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed and cut into large pieces
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Crushed Red Pepper
- Place all ingredients in food processor or blender; cover. Process just until finely chopped.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to blend flavors.