To help ensure you’ve got all the essentials for a great summer party, Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic put together a list of five barbecue menu must-haves. Get ready to fire up the grill and enjoy.
1. Signature Marinade
If you really want to leave your guests impressed, have a signature marinade in your recipe arsenal. Try this delicious recipe for cilantro-lime and yogurt marinade, which uses Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic brine. The acid in pickle juice helps tenderize the meat, and the extra fresh vegetables and spices add a fantastic depth of flavor.2. Dill-icious Dips
While the food is on the grill, don’t forget to have a few snacks on hand to keep guests satisfied. For a quick, easy and unique twist on chips and dip, try serving a bowl of pita chips with savory picante pickle tapenade, or lighten things up with veggie crudités and tangy Kosher Dill tzatziki.3. Homemade Relish
No barbecue is complete without a side of pickles. To balance out all of your savory grilled fare, add a zesty kick with homemade Gardener relish and Mediterranean vegetable relish. Try making a batch or two the day before your barbecue and storing in the fridge. The veggies and spices will meld and marinade for an even brighter, bolder flavor.4. Side of Slaw
Melt-in-your-mouth foods pair wonderfully with a bright, crunchy side, which is why it’s key to always serve cool cole slaw at a barbecue. Try using Farmer’s Garden Bread and Butter Chips mixed with apples as a slaw to add some delectable crunch to pulled pork sliders.5. Potato Salad
Taking a leisurely morning stroll through a farmer’s market is sure to have one returning home with a bag full of fresh, seasonal produce. The perfect way to use this farm fresh taste is in a classic summer dish – a quick and delicious roasted potato salad. This crowd pleaser is the perfect side for your next backyard barbecue.
- 2 pounds assorted fingerling or baby potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 cups baby arugula or spinach
- 1/2 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 4 Vlasic® Farmer's Garden® Kosher Dill Spears, chopped PLUS 2 tablespoons brine and 1/4 cup vegetables from jar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot or red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss potatoes with olive oil and place in shallow roasting pan. Season with half the salt and pepper. Roast 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Place hot potatoes on top of arugula in large bowl; let stand.
- Meanwhile, blend mayonnaise, pickles, shallot, parsley, remaining salt and pepper in medium bowl. Add to potatoes and toss to coat. Chop vegetables from jar and sprinkle on top.
- Serve warm or refrigerate covered until ready to serve.
|SOURCE:||Farmer's Garden by Vlasic|