Go above and beyond the norms of average party menus by serving up drinks and foods that energize as well as excite the palate. With a burst of familiar melon flavor at the start, followed by delicate citrus hints at the finish, the Kandy Lemondrop Melon is the perfect ingredient to perk up the party. Unlike anything you have ever tasted, this melon makes an ideal gourmet stand-alone snack, but can be easily incorporated into dishes for a unique, one-of-a-kind flavor. Try it pureed for a refreshing cocktail, or pair with prosciutto and balsamic vinegar for a flavorful appetizer.
A real, refreshing ingredient
With so many foods containing questionable ingredients, it's nice to know natural options still exist. The Kandy Lemondrop Melon does not contain genetically modified organisms (GMO free) and is the perfect nutritional snack, boasting no fat or cholesterol. It also provides more than the recommended daily amount of vitamin A, and more than 50 percent of vitamin C.
Goodness from the ground
A good understanding of where their food comes from is essential for many health-conscious hosts and home cooks. For more than 100 years, Martori Farms has honored its founding principle of consistently offering the freshest products of the finest quality. Included in their offering is the Kandy Lemondrop Melon, which is held solely with a proprietary license in the United States by this fourth generation family-owned and operated company.
Over the years, they have grown into a vertically integrated operation, shipping fresh fruits and vegetables year-round throughout North America. For more information, visit www.MartoriFarms.com.
Martori Kandy Lemondrop Melon Martini
- 2 ounces juice extracted from a Martori Kandy Lemondrop Melon
- 1 ounce vodka of choice
- Sugar for rim
- Shake Martori Kandy Lemondrop Melon juice and vodka over ice. Pour into sugar-rimmed glass and garnish with Martori Kandy Lemondrop Melon ball.
Martori Kandy Lemondrop Wrap
- Martori Kandy Lemondrop Melon, removed with melon baller
- 8 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1/4 cup reduced balsamic vinegar
- 20 toothpicks or cakepop sticks
- Wrap each ball with a slice of prosciutto, secure with toothpick or cakepop stick. Drizzle balsamic vinegar reduction on serving tray. Arrange wrapped melon balls on platter. Refrigerate until serving.