Check out these no-cook salads—and because they are packed with protein from tuna, beans, cheese and nuts, you’ll feel full without turning on the oven!
You’ll look extra hot if you keep your salad healthy! Check out these simply scrumptious healthy salad tips:
- Limit extras like croutons and bacon bits.
- Use a variety of greens like spinach, leaf lettuce, arugula, dandelion greens, kale, watercress and basil leaves – full of flavor and nutrition!
- Don’t pile on fried meat – use heart healthy tuna -- a quick, easy protein (much lower in fat, saturated fat and cholesterol than many other protein choices) that works for lunch or dinner -- and you don’t even have to drain OR refrigerate StarKist Flavor Fresh Tuna Pouches before opening!
- Keep your pantry stocked with salad-friendly canned veggies (like Del Monte Corn) to add pizzazz (and extra nutrients!) to your salad.
- Try squeezing some fresh lemon and olive oil on your salad, or use salsa, instead of drenching your salad with dressing
1 bag (10 oz.) washed salad greens
1 can (15 ¼ oz.) DEL MONTE® Whole Kernel Golden Sweet Corn , drained
1 (7 oz.) pouch or 2 (3 oz.) pouches StarKist Flavor Fresh Pouch® Tuna, (Chunk Light or Albacore)
1 can (15 oz.) 50% less salt black beans , rinsed and drained
½ cup low-fat ranch dressing
½ cup mild or medium salsa
Place salad greens in large bowl.
Top with black beans, corn, and tuna.
Drizzle with dressing and salsa. Toss before serving.
1/3 cup blue cheese or gorgonzola cheese
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) DEL MONTE® Cut Green Beans , drained
1 cup red and yellow cherry tomatoes , halved
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup sliced green onions
Mash cheese with oil and vinegar in bowl. Toss with beans, tomatoes, walnuts and onions.Serve on a bed of Romaine lettuce, if desired. Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
Source: DelMonte Vegetables