Recipes for Your Labor Day Party
The only good thing about summer coming to an end is that it’s finally time to plan an amazing Labor Day party to celebrate all of the special moments you and your family and friends have had this season!
· 3-4 cups sparkling water
· The juice and zest of 1 lime
· 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
· 4 "sprigs" mint, stemmed
· 1 pint Häagen-Dazs® raspberry sorbet
In a large pitcher, combine 3 cups of the sparkling water, lime juice, lime zest, mint leaves and strawberries. Use a wooden spoon to "muddle" the fruit, pressing down on it to break it up and blend it with the other ingredients.
Taste. If it needs more sparkling water, add it. Stir in about 1/4 of the sorbet.
Scoop sorbet into individual glasses and pour the soda mixture over each. Serve immediately.
· ½ cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
· 6 cups Häagen-Dazs® vanilla “5” ice cream, softened
· 8 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
· One 9-inch graham cracker pie shell
Place the mint leaves on a flat surface and roughly chop them with a knife. In a medium bowl, combine the ice cream, mint leaves and dark chocolate and mix, blending the mint leaves and chocolate into the ice cream. Spoon the ice cream into the pie shell, taking care to keep the bottom of the pie intact as you fill it. Freeze until firm. Cut into slices.
· ¼ cup honey
· 2 bananas, halved lengthwise
· 1/3 cup pecan halves
· Pinch kosher salt
· 1 container Häagen-Dazs® chocolate chocolate chip ice cream
Heat a large pan and add the honey. Cook the honey over low heat until it bubbles and turns a light caramel brown color, 2-3 minutes. Add the banana halves and gently toss them in the honey to coat them. Sprinkle with the pecan halves and the salt.