Create a DIY pizza station.
Prepare dough ahead of time or purchase individual serving size crusts and invite guests to make their own personal pizzas. Provide an array of fresh veggies, meats and herbs for endless combinations. Don’t forget plenty of quality cheese, and for a special twist, add some unexpected flavors, such as Jarlsberg Brand Cheese. Best known as a classic wedge, this nutty, mild cheese is also wonderful shredded for a uniquely delicious pizza flavor. Get guests started with this Sausage, Mushroom and Herb Pizza and then invite them to get creative on their own.
Top it off right.
No game day party is complete without chips and dip. Take your nachos to another level with premium toppings such these Barbecue Chicken Nachos. Other upgraded topping options: grilled steak or chicken, grilled corn and onions, a variety of flavorful cheeses, homemade guacamole, diced fresh veggies, seasoned olives and spices, such as Cajun or Caribbean jerk.
Bring the heat.
Spice things up with peppers as an added ingredient to other treats like pizza and nachos, or make the pepper the star, as with these Jalapeno Poppers, which blend the heat of a whole jalapeno balanced by the distinctive flavors of goat, Jarlsberg and Parmesan cheeses.
Finger foods make it easy for your fellow fans to quickly grab a snack between plays and save the serious grub for a longer break in the action. Tide them over until halftime with these bite-site appetizers. For a little extra fun, use toothpicks bearing the mascot or signature color of your favorite team.
Cut cheese and salami into bite-size cubes. Thread ingredients on toothpicks, varying the order and mixing and matching ingredients for different flavor combinations.
Find more game day recipes at jarlsberg.com.
Barbecue Chicken NachosServes 1 large serving
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- nacho chips
- 1 cup shredded Jarlsberg Cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- sour cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Pull white meat off rotisserie chicken and place in mixing bowl. Add barbecue sauce to pulled chicken and gently mix together.
- Scatter nacho chips on oven-safe dish and place pulled chicken on top. Shred cheese with grater and coat top of chicken. Place in oven for approximately 10 minutes. Sprinkle green onion on top and serve with sour cream, if desired.
Jalapeno PoppersServes 16
- 16 whole jalapeno peppers, rinsed and drained
- 2 logs (4 ounces each) fresh goat cheese
- 1 cup shredded Jarlsberg Cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup diced green onion (scallions)
- dash of hot sauce
- cilantro leaves
- mini hot red peppers (optional)
- Using small sharp knife, cut slit down one side of each pepper. Leave stem intact and remove seeds and veins.
- In bowl, mash all cheeses, onion and hot sauce. Divide among peppers, stuffing each generously. Refrigerate. (Note: Recipe can be made ahead to this point.)
- Arrange peppers in heavy aluminum foil packet. Grill 8-10 minutes, or until cheese begins to melt. Garnish with cilantro and, if desired, hot red peppers.
Cheese and Mushroom PizzaServes 1 pizza
- 1 premade pizza dough (14-16 ounces)
- 5 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 diced Roma tomatoes
- 8 ounces shredded Jarlsberg Cheese
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 8-10 sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- arugula (optional)
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Follow premade pizza dough instructions on package.
- Spread thin layer of tomato sauce and fresh tomatoes on uncooked pizza dough, sprinkle with cheeses, top with mushrooms and finish with oregano.
- Bake pizza in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Garnish with arugula, if desired.
SOURCE: Jarlsberg Cheese