Blueberry Balsamic Topping
- 1 ½ tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp. cornstarch
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. Calivinegar Barrel Aged Balsamic
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. Calivirgin Lusty Lemon Olive Oil
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine blueberries, sugar, balsamic and water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and stir in cornstarch mixture. Stir until sauce thickens slightly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Gently fold this mixture into the dry ingredients until flour disappears. Don’t over mix (batter will be thick).
- Heat a griddle or a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Drop about 1/3 cup batter onto the griddle or skillet. Cook pancakes until browned on the underside and beginning to set (about 2 min.). Flip and cook the pancakes on the other side about 2 minutes longer. Continue until batter is gone.
- Serve warm with Blueberry Balsamic topping.