Lobster and Crab Mac and CheeseBy Chef Nikki Shaw
6 cups elbow macaroni, cooked
1 cup cooked lobster meat, chopped
1 cup lump crab meat
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar, plus ¼ cup for topping
2 cups shredded jack, plus ¼ cup for topping
3 cups heavy cream
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons fresh garlic, crushed
1 cup brie, rind removed
1 cup cream cheese, softened
¾ cup Parmesan, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 9X13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Add cooked macaroni to pan then mix in lobster, crab, cheddar and jack cheeses.
2. In a medium saucepan mix cream, butter, garlic, brie, cream cheese and Parmesan over medium heat. When mixture is creamy, add salt and pepper to taste. Pour cream sauce over pasta and top with remaining cheddar and jack cheeses.
3. Cover with foil and place in oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for 20 more minutes.
servings: 12 / prep time: 20 minutes / cook time: 60 minutes
Brown Sugar Brandy Bread PuddingBy Chef Nikki Shaw
3 cups thick day-old bread, cut
¾ cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1½ teaspoons vanilla
1 cup milk
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup butter, melted
¼ teaspoon allspice
½ cup pecans, chopped
¼ cup butter
½ cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 tablespoons brandy
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8x8-inch glass baking dish with non-stick spray. Remove crust and cut bread into large cubes.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together sugar, eggs, vanilla and milk. Add bread to the baking dish and pour milk mixture evenly over the top.
3. Topping: In another bowl, mix brown sugar, butter, allspice and pecans. Then sprinkle brown sugar mixture over the top of the bread mixture. Bake for 45 minutes or until done.
4. Sauce: In a small saucepan, stir together butter, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla and brandy over medium heat. Stir until sugar is melted. Spoon warm sauce over each serving of warm bread pudding.
servings: 8 / prep time: 15 minutes / cook time: 50 minutes